Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Being "The Boss"

Umm, nigguh?
Work has been torturing me for the past 2 weeks. Everything about it is tiring. Working conditions, hours, rules and regulations, et cetera. I need to be constantly angry and strict, that's not my thing. I don't even know why people think that being "the boss" is something cool. It's not, it's exhausting.

Yesterday, two of my employees quit. I can't blame them. Their pay has been delayed for 5 days already and they have family to feed, the usual third world problems. I decided not to talk it out with them. If there's an instance that they change their minds, I know their performance wont be the same. So I let them go.

Earlier, I fired one because he didn't go to work for two days. He was protesting about the delay of their pay. It was an administrative action. I looked at the current state of the project and realized, we don't need people like him.

But I tell you, it was not easy. It was not cool.

                               Micro-manage? Yes. Cutting my balls off? Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment